Computerized Tomography (CT or CAT) scans use a thin X-ray beam to get images of your organs, bones, blood vessels, and soft tissues. They provide a clearer image than traditional X-ray methods used for diagnosis.
GE Healthcare Pro Speed CT Scanner
Highly Efficient Scanner For Today's Diagnostic Requirements
- A Spiral CT will produce a clearer, more defined image than traditional X-ray imaging while also eliminating the need for multiple scans.
- The scan is 8 to 10 times faster than a traditional CT scanner, saving time and reducing radiation exposure.
- The entire procedure is fast, usually pain free and produces important medical information. CT scans allow radiologists to distinguish differences in soft tissues that may not be detected with regular X-rays. It uses peak contrast enhancement which results in clearer images with about a 1/3 of the dye.
- Spiral CT has the ability to scan an entire region in a single breath hold, averaging about 30 seconds or less. Shorter scan time avoids the need for sedation and reduces the likelihood of blurred images due to respiration.
- Spiral CT has the ability to differentiate between bone tissue, fluid and other soft tissues. It can offer better distinctions between tissue and lesions, as well as detailed views of vascular anatomy.
Spiral CTs Can Be Used For Diagnosis Of
Shoulder, Knee, Joint Injuries
Bone Inflammation, Bruising, Fractures
Kidney Stone Detection