An Echocardiogram or Heart Ultrasound is used to evaluate the health of your heart muscles and valves. It uses soundwaves to examine the motion, size, and shape of these structures.
Biosound (Esaote) Caris
The Most High Performance CFM Ultrasound System
- OB - detect age and size of fetus/and any congenital defects.
- Gyn/Pelvic - determine fibroids present, cysts, carcinoma
- Abdomen - detect gallbladder stones, kidney stones, any abnormalities in the liver, spleen, pancreas, etc.
- Vascular - detect arterial venous flow, rule out peripheral vascular disease, deep vein thrombosis, venous insufficiency, arteriosclerosis.
- Carotid - detect blood flow and rule out stenosis and/or calcified plaque
- Small Parts - muscle tissue, joints, ligaments, tendons, arthritis and degenerative joint disease. Thyroid, prostate, testes, any abnormalities in breast tissue (cysts or tumors).
Echocardiograms Can Be Used For Diagnosis Of
Heart Muscle & Valve Abnormalities
Coronary Artery Disease
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Congenital Heart Disease